Welcome to our blog! We will be posting entries to let you know what we're up to here at the studio.
Make sure you check in regularly as we will be updating all the time and throwing in some
surprises along the way.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Meet Debbie H . . .


Hello, my name is Debbie and on Dec.5, 2005 my life changed in an instant. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer – HER2. I endured 2 months of chemotherapy, followed by a double mastectomy, radical on the right side along with an axillary node dissection. Then I had another 2 months of chemotherapy followed by 33 radiation treatments. After that I received weekly Herceptin IV therapy treatments for a full year, which unfortunately did not stop the spread of the cancer. By August of 2007 the cancer had spread from the lymph nodes to my bones. The cancer is now considered Stage 4. It is now in my right rib, right ischuim area and left hip. I am on daily oral chemo for the rest of my life. My life expectancy is two to two and a half years as of August 2007. For me, these statistics are only numbers. I will defy these odds! I will never surrender to this cancer!

I didn’t share my story with you for sympathy, but to encourage you to live your life to the fullest! You see, I’m 45 yrs. old and I didn’t really start living my life until Dec. 5, 2005. I believe all bad things happen for a reason. My cancer has been the greatest gift in my life. It has taught me many life lessons and I have truly learned what is really important in life. So, this experience my friend is a rare, beautiful and priceless gift to cherish with all my heart.

I have created Warrior Princess Wear, LLC. with much love, compassion and inspiration. I hope you will find a design that speaks to your heart. May my inspirational wear inspire you in your life. I ask you to do a monthly self breast exam. It is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Also please go for your yearly mammograms. Take care of yourself and always listen to that
little voice inside of you. Your intuition is always right and only you know your body.

Part of the proceeds from your purchase will go to Bosom Buddies, a non-profit organization of caring volunteers who have personal experience dealing with the trauma and challenges of breast cancer. Their mission is to provide support through the sharing of common experiences and knowledge. Their goal is to assure women that they are not alone in their journey through breast cancer. Bosom Buddies is near and dear to my heart. They have done a lot for me and this is my way of giving back to them. Thank you for helping make a difference in the lives of others.

Please post a comment, email me at jamie@imagesbykay.com or call the studio at 602-393-9333 to cast your vote starting November 1st!

No comments: